Weight Management Program
Welcome to the Mindful InnerChange Weight Management Program where we can help you change the way you think about food and yourself. The program thoughtfully put together has a standard in mind but is flexible to extend as needed for each client. Being healthy requires the mind to think as such and for the body to behave accordingly. Many of us have unhealthy relationships and views of food as well as our bodies. Our program approaches this from a few directions which complement one another beautifully to ensure a lasting life change.
The program standard is 10 weeks in duration to include:
- Hypnotherapy – 6 sessions
- Mind, Body, Eating Coaching – 2 sessions
- Guided Meditation – 1 take home recording
- Energy Balancing – QiGong/Yoga Recommendation
- Workbook – Homework & Tracker
At the end of the 10 weeks our intention is for you to have the balance and tools to continue your journey independently and in regular life. Adding on sessions or focusing in specific areas of the package can be done at your request. We are here to graciously offer our services so you can live your best life.
Statistics & Information
- 40% of US adults are overweight
- Another 30% are obese (defined as having a body mass index of 30 or greater)
- Only about 20% of overweight individuals are successful at maintaining weight loss long-term
- An intense structured Hypnotherapy program that focuses more on stress management is most effective in lasting results
- Hypnotherapy is a key supportive method to diet and exercise modifications
- Hypnotherapy is not a quick fix and not a magic cure
- Hypnotherapy is most effective for those who have tried many weight loss programs/diets and are still struggling
- Hypnotherapy is most effective when emotional and unconscious eating is a major factor
Factors Attributing to Weight
- Prenatal factors (maternal overweight, gestational diabetes, maternal smoking)
- Chemical exposure (e.g., phthalates, bisphenol A, the pesticide DDT)
- Hormonal factors (hypothyroidism, PCOS, Cushing’s disease, etc.)
- Certain medications (e.g., some antidepressants, corticosteroids, anti-seizure medicines)
- Too little sleep (affects insulin & other hormones on appetite, eating behaviors, & weight gain)
- Exposure to antibiotics (which alters the quality of one’s gut bacteria)
- “Obesogenic” lifestyle (eating too much, making unhealthy food choices, and moving too little)
- Using Food – increase feelings of comfort
- Eating Food – decrease feelings of sadness, anger, anxiety, or other emotions
- Physical Weight – serving as a buffer between yourself and others
- Identity – Positive identification with others in your life who are overweight
- Unhealthy foods – Equating “good times”
- Fattening foods – “rewards” for enduring difficulty, suffering through illness, or not having felt loved
- Fattening foods – rewards for “good behavior”/achievement. Feeling overly full associated with comfort
- Obesogenic behaviors – defense against the fear you would fail to lose weight
- Physical Weight – way to rebel against others who are upset about your weight
- Non-Verbal Communication – example: eating the leftover cake to express anger at a spouse or parent, etc., rather than discussing the situation that left you feeling angry
Benefits of Hypnotherapy on Weight
- Development of an “inner ally” to help support you in making potentially challenging, but necessary changes.
- Enhancing competence and confidence via encouraging, affirming language.
- Visualization of already having achieved your goal and feeling good about it.
- Accessing and partnering with the part of your unconscious that wants to make change.
- Comforting the part of you that may be afraid of change.
- Understanding why you have needed to use weight as a tool.
- Reframing the previous “use” of eating as a tool that can now be safely retired.
- Visualization of the new, healthier “tools” for coping, navigating personal relationships, and communicating effectively.
- Mental rehearsal to make using healthy tools more automatic.
Ten (10) Week Program
Standard Duration: 10 Weeks
Rollover the table below and swipe left to right to scroll.
Meet with Mind, Body, Eating Coach
Meet with Mind, Body, Eating Coach
How to Get Started
- Set 60 minute appointment
- Can be in person or via Zoom web meeting
- Payment of $125 will be due 24 hours before appointment – Therapist will contact you
- Submit forms minimum 24 hours before appointment
- Complete Intake form and Weight Questionnaire
- Be prepared to pay for remaining 5 sessions for the program in advance – $500
- Mind, Body, Eating Coach is paid separately directly to her. She charges $250 for a 90 minute session with full dietary intake, Q & A (phone, online or in-person) and one 45 minute follow-up in 2 weeks to discuss an action plan (by phone or online). Referral information to be provided at initial session
* Additional sessions if desired can be paid for at the time of service at $100 for the 60 min session